Why Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
Since BJJ is based on techniques designed to allow a smaller, weaker person to defeat a bigger, stronger attacker, it doesn’t matter how big or small you are. You’re big, no problem. Small, skinny, even if you think your “weak”… it doesn’t matter. BJJ techniques can be applied by anyone because it’s based on leverage and positioning… and the added benefit is that you’ll get stronger, healthier and more fit from the training with us.
- You Don’t Have To Be Flexible…
- You Don’t Have To Be Strong…
- You Don’t Need To Have Previous Athletic Experience…
- You Don’t Have To Want To Compete…
- You Don’t Have To Be In Shape…
No matter what your age, sex, previous experience (even if you have none at all), whether you’re in shape or out of shape, strong or not, no matter what kind of job you have, you’re going to absolutely LOVE training BJJ here at with us at the camp along with other happy students. What we do promise you, though, is that we will do everything in our power to help you achieve your goals in BJJ, no matter what they are.
And not only that…
- You’ll learn “tried and tested” techniques, not unproven-in-combat theoretical stuff that’s in a lot of those “other” martial arts.
- You’ll learn submission techniques that end a fight or match quickly and efficiently without things getting “messy”.
- You’ll develop close combat fighting skills can save your life (this is especially important for law enforcement and military).
- You’ll discover techniques and strategies for self-defense (street fighting) and competition (in the ring, on the mat, or in the cage).
- You’ll learn brutal chokes, arm locks, leg locks and other ways to finish a fight without having to throw a single punch or kick.
- You’ll learn fight-ending submission holds that will make your attacker cry “uncle!” in no time flat.
- You’ll discover how to control and defeat larger attackers who are stronger than you are.
- You’ll transform into a knowledgeable grappler even if you have no previous experience (in fact, many students who visit us for the first time never did sports or martial arts before; they just want to give BJJ a try).
- You’ll be a part of our team and you’ll be treated with respect by our professional, courteous staff (we don’t try to intimidate people or show how “tough” we are; we don’t need to; it isn’t about our “ego” anyway – it’s about what we can do for YOU and how we can build you up into the best shape of your life while learning how to grapple in the process).
- You’ll learn the basic BJJ fundamental principles and techniques you need to have to get to a more advanced level (we’ll teach you exactly what you need to know to become a quality grappler).
- You’ll be able to train and practice at a pace that you can personally absorb and retain all the information you learn in the most effective way possible.
- You’ll be able to get a great workout and learn crucial self-defense and life-saving grappling techniques while not having to worry about getting injured (safety is our #1 priority).
- You’ll be training in a safe, structured environment.
- You’ll experience the mental and physical rush of BJJ training as you learn techniques that you’ll be able to apply on an attacker or opponent in a real live scenario.
- You’ll have inside access to all our professional instructors who are trained to “build you up” as a student.
- You’ll get stronger, get tougher, you’ll improve your endurance and stamina along with your cardio and breathing not to mention looking better and feeling better.
- You’ll get exceptional service (We pride ourselves on the value we give to our students. If you have a question about anything at all, we will answer it. If you have any problems, we’ll solve them. If you need help, we will help you. We are 100% committed to your personal development as a mixed martial arts athlete.).
- You’ll be part of a group where coaches and instructors CARE about you and your success.